My literacy autobiography

Gillian W., Wendy G., Kayla L., Li W., Yunxing R., and Diane Y.
Diane Y.

My literacy autobiography

Post by Diane Y. »

(1)When I was born,literacy just started to write down my growth and expansion from childhood to young adulthood.It has always been an important key in my life.China carries out a compulsory education system-the entrance exam for college.A narrow bridge bears millions of students at the same time when we graduate from high shool,and literacy takes a great proportion on it. So I have to polish up myself for the competition at the beginning.But more importantly,during this time,I fell in love with it.I liked to cook,hang out, wrote in my journal and read occasionally.
(2)I fell in love with it at the first sight. I still remembered my father bought a volume of fairy tales as my birthday presents at the third grades,which seems a strong power pushing me.My eyes settled down the books and when they came across. These words are like many active melody,jumping out of book one after one.How many times Snow White and I came to a thick forest, we met the seven adorable dwarfs.They became my close friends,held in my hands and companing me until to sweet dream.
(3)By the time I became a sixth grade student,I found that my satisfaction in the sheer act of reading had not abated in the least.Our teacher arranged us to write three diaries and recite several vital passages picked up from the text books .I usually put the most relaxing or merriest things happed at the day.Such as,went out into fields, strolled by the creek or had a delicious meal with family.Our teacher would put one as a typical example to show writing skills.Once I was luck to read mine in front of them.I received a big hand and a little red flower.
(4)I wrote for fun or assignment and would have gained encouragement by finished it carefully at elementary.However,that all changed when came into middle school.Teacher got more serious,payed amount of attention on our scores,gave us a pile of homework and puts a severe number on our exams,of course,including,literacy.Besides,there were many compulsory rules setting on it.Only do like that,we can acquire superior marks.The difficulty found me;an hard hand reached down my head and clutched it the moment I had the inclination to create a writing.I can't write freely and I didn't know how to please the icy number.To be honest,I had not any passion to do it except the stress of entrance exam for college.Fortunately,in turn I got a lot of useful and professional expressions and writing skills.It helped me deal with all kinds of failures on writing and I had a good result on exam.
(5)More systemic teaching came to us when we entered the university.For example,we went through inspiring created writing last semester.Fairy story,life story and autobiography had always talked with us every week.In addition,sometimes,our teacher handed out some classic romantic stories to us to read and eliminate.It is important to found out how to create vividly as well as logically.I wrote my experiences into that,and read it many times to myself before every night.It made me fall asleep earlier.Luckily,these days,we are having a new class,English composition:concrete details for thinking to critical thinking.Mr.Yang is so professional who assigns us do literacy every day so as to we can become a reading habit gradually and practice writing.Then,we can do free writing during every that class and sharing.Then he put out the specific details to guide us write more vividly.
Gillian W.

Re: My literacy autobiography

Post by Gillian W. »

Great job on your essay! Here is my response to your essay:

Overall Response: I really enjoyed reading the essay. You are a good storyteller. I liked how you talked about how you still loved reading and writing at different points throughout your education. You were great at explaining how your teachers and classes played a role in your literacy journey. I liked your first paragraph. It helped me understand why literacy is so important to you. There are a few sentences throughout the essay that do not make sense.

Focus: I liked what your focus was for the essay. Your point was that you’ve grown as a reader and writing. However, your first sentence doesn’t make sense to me, but I was able to figure out your focus the more I read. Since that sentence is explaining what your essay is about, you should probably make it clearer. Then when readers start reading the essay they know exactly what it is about.

Development for Readers: Your focus is there, and I think that you were able to stay on that topic the whole time. You did a good job explaining how you’ve grown. The stories you picked from each stage of schooling really showed that. As an outside reader, I had no trouble understanding how important literacy is to you, and how important it is for your education.

Organization and Coherence: Since you organized it chronologically, it was organized very well. Your first two paragraphs both started out with odd wording, but the rest seemed to flow. Each section was from a different part of your schooling starting from childhood, moving through elementary and middle school, and now at the university and that helped it flow really nicely.

Language, Grammar, Conventions: The language you used was diverse, and not redundant. Your grammar was pretty good throughout the essay. A few times you switched from past tense to present tense. But it wasn’t that often. The main thing I noticed was your spacing. Sometimes you missed spaces after punctuation or some places you had double spaces. But other than that, you did a really good job.

Main Emphasis for Revision: Your content is really good. I enjoyed reading your essay. I’d say that for your next revision just work on the punctuation and switching from present and past tense. Rereading it will help you find some of the conventions, and if you read it out loud it might help you find where you switched from past and present tense.
Diane Y.

Re: My literacy autobiography

Post by Diane Y. »

I am really really grateful your respondse.Thank you for your accepttance and suggestion.To be honest,I am not good at writing. I know what I want so say, but can't totally show that.And my expression is not very vivid and attractive. Besides, It is difficult for me write it logiccally and represent my clearly. So thankful, you mention my writing weakness.I should change the first.sentence into my mian idea,making it more directly that is clear for readers to understand what is my topic. Yes,I noticed my mistakes on tense form your remind,and corrected it carefully. I am glad to accept your suggest,it really helpful for me.Thank you very much!