28 - Women and Marriage

Jieyan Z., Zihong Z., Jingyuan L., and
Jieyan Z.

Reflection

Post by Jieyan Z. »

1)What were your expectations for the border-crossing activity? Are your expectations met? Why or why not?

My expectation for this activity is to make friends and exchange ideas. To some extent my expectations are met because I made a new friend who has wonderful ideas and we did exchanges ideas. However, this activity does not last long enough for us to communicate more deeply and frequently. And I only made one friend.

2)Please name three things that struck you most when you interacted with the peers, and explain why. (You may comment on the differences and/or similarities in lexical choice, writing style, idea presentation, rhetorical preference, cultural convention etc.)

First, I could exchange my ideas with someone who is actually much younger than me. Second, I was discussing marriage topic with a man who also shared the same idea with me. Third, I was happy to find somebody is interested to read my words.

3)Did you incorporate what had been discussed into the revised draft? If so, please elaborate on how the discussion had led to the revisions you made. If not, please explain why.

No,because what we discussed went beyond the framework of the previous writing and I was not given enough time for the revision.

4)Do you think the activity is beneficial to you in terms of knowledge gains or skill enhancement? If so, please elaborate. If not, please explain why.

I do not think this activity is beneficial to me in terms of knowledge gains or skill enhancement, because what we discuss is content-based and the time is just too short.

5)Could you provide three adjectives to describe your feelings about the activity? Please explain your choice.

Interesting, insightful, exciting. By interesting, I mean we can discuss something interesting on the internet. By insightful, I mean we can produce insights during discussion. By exciting, I mean we do not know each other but we try to get to know each other.

6)Any additional comments, suggestions, and observations you would like to make to better help us assess your performance in this activity?
I found we have only three group members and the activity did not last long enough for us to get to know each other.