Reflection on the exchange

Reflection on the exchange

Post by 1787523600 »

It has been almost one month since our first exchange. Overall we have nearly 40 posts plus 2 Zoom meetings. A really rewarding experience with you guys!!

I have to say it is my first time to do cross-cultural interacive writing or I prefer to call it a peer review program. Though we did not respond as actively as much, I do enjoy the nice conversations with you all. Especially every time I checked new posts from Arifah and Jacob, I could sense a store of their enthusiasm and patience, let alone the intriguing advice they gave on essay writing. Exactly as Arifah puts it, “I myself am not an English native speaker. As for that, I do realize the importance of proper use of terms so that the message(s) we try to convey is accurate and comprehensive.” I learned a better way to organize paragraphs, to select the proper diction as far as I can, to put the threads and ideas precisely together in writing. As I finished the fifth revision of my essay, I was like I could finally see a light in the dark...But the rewarding process offers me much more inspiration. Again, to revise is to learn.

Finally I cherish the culture experience per se. As a person who admires interacting with different, interesting people, especially as an English major, I liked the way we communicate with each other through one common language yet reap a variety of new insights, which is beyond countries or oceans. I do believe this is how English works as a world language charmingly.
I would commit all the experiences to memory. In the special time amid Covid-19, despite social-distancing we write and interact together online. Wish you sunshine. :)
Zhu Ke