Women need to be their own dignities

Re: Women need to be their own dignities

Post by 953556183 »

Reflection:
The border-crossing activity was a very fruitful activity for me. It lived up to my expectations.
On the one hand, by reading the essays of U.S. students, I understand the writing methods of my peers who speak English as their native language. On the other hand, since I am not good at writing skill, I am glad to get their comments and guidance. I think my writing skill has improved in this activity.
In the process of this activity, there were many things that impressed me deeply. First, I used a self-translated word "leftover woman" in my writing, which is an incorrect approach. I thought it was easy to understand. In fact, in different cultural backgrounds, U.S students were confused by the words. Therefore, I will be cautious and take more consideration in the future when I need to make lexical choices. Then, our writing styles are very different. In comparison, their essays are more open-minded. I appreciate Alvin's essay very much. The point made in that article about combining Van Gogh with the characters in the movie is really great. The gap made me realize that I need to read more books so that I can come up with more unique perspectives. However, I think our essay is more logical and performs better in terms of coherence. In the end, most of our understanding of movies is similar. However, our analysis of the characters' behavior is different because of different cultural convention, especially for the characters in And the Spring Comes.
I'm excited that Li Shiyao, Alvin and Lucero are friendly, sincere and honest. They read my essay carefully and gave their comments. Their excellent essays inspired me to work harder to continue my study. In the future, I will spend more time studying writing skills so that I can write better articles.
This activity is very beneficial. Through it we obtained an opportunity to broaden our horizons. More importantly, I learned new perspectives and new writing methods. But actually there are some regrets. Compared to other groups, our group has too little communication. Jet lag is a problem that cannot be solved. This activity taught me to wait patiently for others to reply.
Thanks to everyone for your comments, I have made great progress. After reading others' essays, I also learned other writing styles and idea presentations. I have revised the question that the narrative plot is too long. This border-crossing activity is very memorable, and I hope we will have such an opportunity in the future.