Lucero's reflection

lkr5215

Lucero's reflection

Post by lkr5215 »

1) What were your expectations for the border-crossing activity? Are your expectations
met? Why or why not? I did not really have any expectations. I just thought it would be interesting to talk to people from another country about something academic.
2)Please name three things that struck you most when you interacted with the Chinese
peers, and explain why. (You may comment on the differences and/or similarities in
lexical choice, writing style, idea presentation, rhetorical preference, cultural convention
etc.)
I noticed they have very structured ways of writing in English. They were very informative and helpful with their comments.
3) Did you incorporate what had been discussed into the revised draft? If so, please
elaborate on how the discussion had led to the revisions you made. If not, please explain
why. I listened to the advice. I added some context where i needed to explain more.
4) Do you think the activity is beneficial to you in terms of knowledge gains or skill
enhancement? If so, please elaborate. If not, please explain why.
I think it was very beneficial. We got to experience a new perspective and take on writing. We got to see an entirely different perspective on how the films were interpreted and described.
7) Could you provide three adjectives to describe your feelings about the activity? Please
explain your choice.
hopeful,happy, and excited. I was really excited to interact with the students. I wanted to know what they thought of my paper.
8) Any additional comments, suggestions, and observations you would like to make to
better help us assess your performance in this activity?
If there could be like a chat or video chat performance that would have been a nice element to help explain what each person meant by their paper.